What is AcuraWatch™?
When it comes to safety, Acura has you covered with a range of different safety features. For drivers in Hartford and West Hartford who want additional confidence on the roads, there’s the AcuraWatch™ driver-assistance suite. Standard on all new MDX and RLX models and available on every sedan and SUV in the new Acura lineup, AcuraWatch™ is designed to improve driver awareness and to help prevent accidents. Learn more at Acura of Avon, and contact us with any questions!
Is AcuraWatch™ Worth It?
AcuraWatch™ is a suite of high-tech features that uses advanced sensors, cameras, and mitigation measures in order to alert you of potential dangers and intervene when it’s necessary. It’s hard to put a price on peace of mind knowing you and your passengers are safe. Explore the suite of features below to decide if AcuraWatch™ is worth it:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™): This feature sends out radar signals in front of the vehicle to detect if a potential forward collision might occur. When it detects this possibility, it sends a warning to the drive, and if the driver fails to react then it intervenes by applying the brakes automatically.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): This feature uses a camera that faces the road ahead of the vehicle and is able to determine if the vehicle is drifting out of the center of its lane. When it is, the vehicle uses precisely directed torque to guide the vehicle back to the center of its lane.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): When cruise control is in use with this feature, you won’t have to worry about braking and accelerating to maintain a safe distance between your car and the one in front of you because this feature does that work for you.
- Road Departure Mitigation (RDM): If your vehicle is in danger of going off the road, this system sends a warning and is able to intervene with gentle steering to make sure your car stays on the road.
What Are Additional Acura Safety Features?
In addition to the AcuraWatch™ safety suite, Manchester drivers can access an even longer list of safety features and driver-assistance features for increased confidence on the roads. Enjoy the features of your AcuraWatch™, as well as upgrades and add-ons including:
- Head-Up Warning
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors
- Blind Spot Information (BSI) System
- Rear Cross Traffic Monitor
- Multi-view Rearview Camera with Dynamic Guidelines
- Surround-View Camera System
What is the AcuraWatch™ Plus Package?
The AcuraWatch™ Plus Package was available on previous model years, allowing drivers to access additional safety features in an available Acura Package for an upgrade. On new Acura models, you can access these same safety features and more integrated into packages like the Acura Advance Package and Acura Technology Package. Discover MDX packages and RDX packages in detail at Acura of Avon.
Stay Safe on the Streets with AcuraWatch™
Find an AcuraWatch™-equipped model like the new Acura RDX, in Canton! If you have any questions or want to experience AcuraWatch™ in action, contact us at Acura of Avon. Compare it to the Lexus Safety System+ or ask us about AcuraWatch™ vs. Honda Sensing® to learn more. We can also teach you about the Acura remote start key fob for added convenience.
Learn More at Acura of Avon
If you have a desire for the sleek style and impressive agility that a sedan can provide, but you also crave a luxurious experience, the new Acura TLX interior offers the cabin you need to take on your Hartford commute. From a concert-like audio system to LED ambient interior lighting, the TLX interior will allow…
The 2020 Acura MDX remains a favorite luxury SUV in Hartford, with available front-wheel drive, Super Handling All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWD), and Sport Hybrid SH-AWD®. In fact, the Acura MDX is a stark competitor against competing models, including the Lexus RX and the Toyota Highlander Limited. One of the reasons why is because of the Acura…
The TLX debuted in 2015 and hasn’t seen any major changes — until now. A bold 2021 Acura TLX redesign enhances the luxury sedan’s exterior design, engines, safety tech, and cabin amenities. Keep reading for a 2021 Acura TLX overview from Acura of Avon, and then browse our new TLX inventory to see what’s on our lot…