What is AcuraWatch™?
When it comes to safety, Acura has you covered with a range of different safety features. For drivers in Hartford and West Hartford who want additional confidence on the roads, there’s the AcuraWatch™ driver-assistance suite. Standard on all new MDX and RLX models and available on every sedan and SUV in the new Acura lineup, AcuraWatch™ is designed to improve driver awareness and to help prevent accidents. Learn more at Acura of Avon, and contact us with any questions!
Is AcuraWatch™ Worth It?
AcuraWatch™ is a suite of high-tech features that uses advanced sensors, cameras, and mitigation measures in order to alert you of potential dangers and intervene when it’s necessary. It’s hard to put a price on peace of mind knowing you and your passengers are safe. Explore the suite of features below to decide if AcuraWatch™ is worth it:
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™): This feature sends out radar signals in front of the vehicle to detect if a potential forward collision might occur. When it detects this possibility, it sends a warning to the drive, and if the driver fails to react then it intervenes by applying the brakes automatically.
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS): This feature uses a camera that faces the road ahead of the vehicle and is able to determine if the vehicle is drifting out of the center of its lane. When it is, the vehicle uses precisely directed torque to guide the vehicle back to the center of its lane.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): When cruise control is in use with this feature, you won’t have to worry about braking and accelerating to maintain a safe distance between your car and the one in front of you because this feature does that work for you.
- Road Departure Mitigation (RDM): If your vehicle is in danger of going off the road, this system sends a warning and is able to intervene with gentle steering to make sure your car stays on the road.
What Are Additional Acura Safety Features?
In addition to the AcuraWatch™ safety suite, Manchester drivers can access an even longer list of safety features and driver-assistance features for increased confidence on the roads. Enjoy the features of your AcuraWatch™, as well as upgrades and add-ons including:
- Head-Up Warning
- Front and Rear Parking Sensors
- Blind Spot Information (BSI) System
- Rear Cross Traffic Monitor
- Multi-view Rearview Camera with Dynamic Guidelines
- Surround-View Camera System
What is the AcuraWatch™ Plus Package?
The AcuraWatch™ Plus Package was available on previous model years, allowing drivers to access additional safety features in an available Acura Package for an upgrade. On new Acura models, you can access these same safety features and more integrated into packages like the Acura Advance Package and Acura Technology Package. Discover MDX packages and RDX packages in detail at Acura of Avon.
Stay Safe on the Streets with AcuraWatch™
Find an AcuraWatch™-equipped model like the new Acura RDX, in Canton! If you have any questions or want to experience AcuraWatch™ in action, contact us at Acura of Avon. Compare it to the Lexus Safety System+ or ask us about AcuraWatch™ vs. Honda Sensing® to learn more. We can also teach you about the Acura remote start key fob for added convenience.
Learn More at Acura of Avon
Saturday, September 23, 2023 is National Seat Check Saturday, started by The National Highway Safety Administration (NHTSA). The observance promotes child safety and increases awareness about seat check protocols in child safety seats when traveling. Correctly installed car seats can reduce the risk of fatal injury in a car crash by 71% for infants, and…
Are you planning on upgrading to an all-electric SUV like other eco-conscious Hartford drivers? Then you’ll want to hold out for the 2024 Acura ZDX. Set to arrive in early 2024, the highly-anticipated 2024 Acura ZDX is taking Precision Crafted Performance™ to the next level. Explore highlights below with the team at Acura of Avon. 2024…
Lorensen Auto Group to Sponsor NBC Connecticut’s Clear The Shelters Pet Adoption and Donation Campaign
Lorensen Auto Group announces they are the exclusive automotive sponsor of NBC Connecticut’s Clear The Shelters campaign during the month of August 2023. Clear The Shelters, NBCUniversal Local’s nationwide pet adoption and donation campaign has helped more than 860,000 pets find new homes since 2015. WVIT, along with other NBC and Telemundo owned and affiliated…