What is Acura Precision All-Wheel Steer™ (P-AWS®)?
If you’re looking for better handling from your next vehicle near West Hartford, consider visiting Acura of Avon to experience an Acura vehicle with P-AWS® technology, the auto industry’s first drivetrain of its kind. P-AWS® is designed to improve handling in a variety of road and weather conditions.
What Exactly is P-AWS®?
Precision All-Wheel Steer™ is an AWS system that lets the rear wheels adjust their toe angles separately from one another. Acura models equipped with this drivetrain are able to perform better in a range of different driving situations, such as:
- Smoother and more precise lane changes
- Greater stability when braking
- Enhanced maneuvering on narrow streets
Which Models Come with P-AWS®?
Precision All-Wheel™ Steer is available on the top two sedans in the new Acura lineup:
- 2018 Acura TLX – In addition to P-AWS®, the new TLX offers complimentary performance options, including a 206-hp 2.4L four-cylinder engine, as well as an available 290-hp 3.5L V6 engine.
- 2018 Acura RLX – Acura’s flagship luxury sports sedan features a standard 3.5L V6 engine that generates 310 hp and comes paired with a new 10-speed automatic transmission.
P-AWS® with Agile Handling Assist
Complimenting P-AWS®, Acura models offer the Agile Handling Assist system, which uses parts of the vehicle’s Vehicle Stability Assist™ system to correct driver oversteer and understeer by strategically applying braking on sharp turns.
Experience an Acura with P-AWS® Today!
In addition to the impressive handling of P-AWS®, there are many Acura RLX and Acura TLX technology features to discover by visiting us near Hartford at Acura of Avon, where you can find low APR financing on your next vehicle purchase. If you have any questions about P-AWS®, of if you’d like to schedule a test drive today, please contact our team.